Mason Greenwood will no longer play for Manchester United.
The comes after the club mutually agreed that his future will be away from the club following the conclusion of their internal investigation.
The club made this known in a statement posted on their website on Monday said, “Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped.
“Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible.
“This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.
The club added that based on the evidence available to them, they have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.
“That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.
“All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.
“It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome,” the statement added.
Recall that Greenwood was arrested and arraigned in court last year on sexual assault and coercive behaviour charges against his girlfriend (now wife), Harriet Robson.
The Crown Prosecution Services dropped the charges in early February.
The duo has since then welcomed their first baby.