Shortage of reagents delaying Coronavirus tests in Oyo – Governor Makinde
Governor Seyi Makinde has disclosed that a shortage of reagents have delayed Coronavirus tests in Oyo.
In tweets he shared today April 29, the Oyo state Governor said the development has led to a large number of pending results. Makinde said there are 300 awaiting results out of the 775 samples collected so far.
The Governor tweeted;
OYO STATE COVID-19 TASK FORCE UPDATE (APRIL 29, 2020)
1. Due to a shortage of reagents required to process COVID-19 tests, we currently have a number of pending results. Of the 775 samples collected so far, 300 are awaiting results.
We are already in the process of acquiring more reagents in the shortest possible time, to enable us clear the backlog. We appeal for patience from those who are awaiting results.
2. Meanwhile, we will continue conducting tests at the drive-through/walk-through testing centre at Adamasingba Stadium.
3. Also, in a bid to continue ramping up testing, from next week, we will be moving to other zones in the state to conduct tests. Details of the schedule will be provided in due course.
4. As earlier announced, the patients at Agbami Chest Centre, Jericho have been moved to the Infectious Disease Centre, Olodo, to enable us upgrade the facilities at Agbami.
5. We are grateful to IHS Towers for the donation of an ambulance to the Oyo State Government. We also thank all individuals and corporate organisations that have continued to donate in cash and kind to the government’s effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
6. Please, take advantage of the provision for testing for COVID-19 in Oyo State. Call the Emergency Operations Centre on 08095394000 / 08095863000 / 08078288999 / 08078288800, to book a test.