space4

space drive44

space drive888

space drive777

spacw666

Ad space2

Test 1

space5555

SPACE7

space5

space

new space

space6

SPACE6

SPACE5

SPACE8

test new

new space4

new space2

Ad1

space drive3

space3

space drive

space5555

space123

space6666

space drive2

space4444

test99

Monday, May 24, 2021

So Sad! Student Dies After Fuel Station She Went To Charge Phone Caught Fire When Socked Sparked

 A student of the Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery has died after getting involved in a fire incident.


 

Lydia Dantata
Lydia Dantata
 
Lydia Dantata, a student of  Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery has died after the fuel station she went to charge her phone caught fire.
 
It was gathered that the fire was caused due to a spark from the socket given them to charge their phones.
 
Other students caught in the fire are recuperating.
 
The fire occurred on May 18 in Kaduna.
 
Lydia Dantata, a student of Kaduna State College of Nursing and Midwifery, went to charge her phone with other students of the school in a petrol station opposite the school campus in Kafanchan.
 
The students had not had power in their school for days due to the power outage resulting from the five-day warning strike by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC.
 
While charging their mobile devices at the fuel station opposite campus, an extension box they tried to plug into a socket provided for them to charge sparked. This happened while a tanker was discharging petrol at the station so the spark led to a fire.
Lydia Dantata and another student who sustained first-degree burns were taken to Jos University Teaching University (JUTH).
 
Five other students with a lesser degree of burns were taken to the General Hospital, Kafanchan and are still receiving treatment.
 
The other three students were taken by their parents to hospitals of their choice.
 
Unfortunately, days after the fire, Lydia Dantata passed on at the Joss University Teaching Hospital. She died on Sunday, May 23.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment