space4

Ad space2

Test 1

SPACE7

space5

space

new space

space6

SPACE6

SPACE5

SPACE8

new space4

new space2

space3

Ad1

Natnudofoods

mtn

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Reports That He May Contest 2023 Presidential Election

Nigeria's former President Goodluck Jonathan has broken his silence over reports that he is likely to contest 2023 election.
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan
Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan
 
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied the reports that he is under pressure to contest the 2023 presidential election, a report by TheCable has revealed.
 
Jonathan speaking through his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze said Jonathan is not under pressure.
 
The former president said he is rather focused on promoting peace and sustainable democracy in Africa.
 
Asked to comment on the reports of Jonathan contesting in 2023, Eze told TheCable: “There is nothing like that. The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections.

“He is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa.”

Describing the reports as old and fake, he added: “If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources.”

“The last time this same story circulated online was before the 2019 Presidential elections. It has now come up again,” he said.
 
“The good thing is that Nigerians already know this to be fake. That is why Nigerian newspapers and serious online news media will not publish such falsehood.”
 
Jonathan had lost his reelection bid to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015. He had congratulated his opponent while the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was still collating the final result of the election.

No comments:

Post a Comment